Cambridge Middle School is a PB4L school. PB4L is a Ministry of Education initiative where students are taught appropriate behaviour that will ultimately benefit their learning achievement. Clear processes are in place to support students to modify their behaviour.
PB4L is an evidence-based framework that looks at behaviour and learning from a whole school as well as an individual student perspective. It is a process for teaching social and behavioural skills and helps CMS to develop a positive, proactive, and systematic approach based on school data. It takes the approach that opportunities for learning and achievement increase if:
- the school environment is positive and supportive
- expectations are consistently clear
- students are consistently taught expected behaviours
- expected behaviours are consistently acknowledged
- inappropriate behaviours are consistently responded to in a fair and equal way