WHEN: Wednesday 2 September 2020
WHERE: Te Miro Mountain Bike Park, Waterworks Road, Te Miro
COST: $35 per rider (you will be emailed an invoice from Cambridge Middle School)
Eligibility: ANY school/home schooled student enrolled in Year 5 – Year 13 may enter.
- Championship Medals – 1st, 2nd and 3rd place medals for male and female individuals from schools within the Sport Waikato administered Region.
- Visitors Medals – Any individual from outside of the Port Waikato Region that places either 1st, 2nd or 3rd will receive medals equivalent to their placing.
Parking is limited and you will be squeezed into the site car parks and roadside parks by marshals. Off road parking opposite the Te Miro Mountain Bike Park is available if dry or you have 4WD – this will be signposted approx. 100m east of the entrance.
Schools with multiple entries will receive a pack containing ALL race numbers, start list and pins.
Schools with individual entries will receive their numbers from the registration desk on arrival.
Cycling Age Groups are determined by the following for this event:
a) Year 5 – Year 8 students compete by Class Year
b) Year 9 – Year 13 students compete in Cycling NZ Age Groups which are based on age as of 31st December 2020.
Competition Categories Male, Female, Mixed:
• Year 5 2020 School Year
• Year 6 2020 School Year
• Year 7 2020 School Year
• Year 8 2020 School Year
• U14 Younger than 14 years on 31st December
• U15 Younger than 15 years on 31st December
• U16 Younger than 16 years on 31st December
• U17 Younger than 17 years on 31st December
• U19 Younger than 19 years on 31st December
Distances (approx. 3km per lap depending on course set up)
• Year 5 Boys & Girls 2 Laps
• Year 6 Boys & Girls 2 Laps
• Year 7 Boys & Girls 3 Laps
• Year 8 Boys & Girls 3 Laps
• U14, U15 Boys & Girls 4 Laps
• U16, U17 & 19 Girls 5 Laps
• U16, U17 & U19 Boys 6 Laps
• 8.30 Registration Opens
• 9.30 Late entries close ($75.00 cash only)
• 9.45 Course Closed
• 9.45 Registration Closes
• 9.45 Event Briefing
• 10.00 Year 5 & 6 Boys and Girls start
• 10.40 Year 7 & 8 Boys start
• 10.42 Year 7 & 8 Girls start
• 11.45 Year 5 – 8 Prizegiving
• 11.15 U14 & U15 Boys start
• 11.17 U14 & U15 Girls start
• 11.45 U16, U17 & U19 Girls start
• 12.15 U19 Boys Start
• 12.17 U16 & U17 Boys start
• 1.15 U14 – U19 Prizegiving
Maps: Download from www.redevents.co.nz
1. Please note that the event is a Smoke Free and Dog Free event. Please respect these requirements.
2. Race Numbers are to be worn on the right shoulder of the shirt and the stick-on number on the front of the helmet so they are visible to timing staff and announcer.
3. It is the responsibility of the competitors to know the course and complete it correctly although it will be clearly marked.
4. Marshals will be positioned to monitor safety and directions at key positions on the course only.
5. Start lists, maps and programme will be on display from 8.00am at registration. Maps and programme will be available from www.redevents.co.nz.
6. Parking is limited, please follow directions and signage and don’t take any more space than absolutely required.
* Bike Specific Rules
1. All cyclists must follow the mapped and designated course.
2. Bikes must be ‘road worthy’ and the organisers reserve the right to withdraw teams deemed to have unsafe equipment (no refund or transfer will be provided in this instance).
3. The course fast for experienced riders and moderately difficult for younger and less experienced riders. There are no large hills or highly technical sections although if it is wet it will become muddy and slippery in sections – which most riders enjoy!
4. Cyclists must have their helmet on their head and buckled at all times that they are riding their bike regardless of whether they are racing or warming up.
Please note that Cambridge Middle School will not be sending a staff member to this event. We will try to organise a Team Manager and transport for the riders.
Please refer any questions to Anita Hawkins via email to firstname.lastname@example.org