CROSS COUNTRY EVENT 2021:
WHEN: POSTPONED UNTIL Tuesday 22nd June - TIMETABLE REVISED
TIMES: 12:00pm Students walk from CMS to Vogel Street. 2:40pm Walk back to school
WHERE: Athletics Grounds in Vogel Street
*NEW TIMETABLE & COURSE MAP: Please use the links at the bottom of this page
RACES (2 options):
1) Competitive Race (approx. 2.4km)
This option is for students who enjoy running, are capable of running 2.4km without stopping, and for those who would like to see if they can qualify for WIMS Cross Country (11th August in Tokoroa).
2) Relay of 2-4 runners/walkers (2.4km)
- This option is for EVERYONE!
- Relay teams need to be made up of 2-4 runners and the distances are 500m, 500m, 500m & 900m. Runners doing two or three laps must do them consecutively.
- There are no year level/gender criteria for the relay teams with the idea that everyone can participate and have fun.
Students can run in both the Competitive Race and the Relay
- Students need to arrive at school in their regulation PE uniform (shorts must be all black with no logos or additional colours). CMS polar fleece tops, CMS jackets or CMS sports hoodies can be worn for warmth, no other non uniform tops or jackets are permitted. All students can go home after school wearing their regulation PE uniform.
- Footwear is optional (but recommended) as the last 900m is run on a gravel footpath. If the ditch has water/mud in it then the options are either bare feet or shoes which MUST be taped onto each foot or they will be lost in the mud.
- All students who have asthma must run with an asthma inhaler. An ambulance will not be present at the event. Asthma + no inhaler = no run.
- Students may dress up in their house colours with tutus, sensible face painting, hats etc.
- Gumboots and umbrellas are highly recommended for all parent helpers and visitors. There will be a coffee cart there on the day so bring your reusable cup.
If you have any further queries please contact Anita Hawkins on firstname.lastname@example.org