This is the process that the Senior Leadership Team at Cambridge Middle School follows to place your child with the teacher that best suits them:
- Our Deputy Principals will meet with a member of the Senior Leadership Team at your child’s current school to discuss each Year 6 student who is enrolling at Cambridge Middle School for the following year.
- Your child’s current teacher completes a profile form for Cambridge Middle School, which tells us a range of information about your child, for example curriculum strengths/ needs. This information is also passed on to their new classroom teacher, once classes are finalised.
- After the above is completed our Deputy Principals then read all the student profiles for students enrolling at our school for the following year and any further information supplied by the contributing school.
- We begin placing each student with a teacher from Cambridge Middle School that we believe will best suit their learning and behaviour needs.
- Once the lists are finalised they are sent out to the contributing school for their current teachers to review to ensure we have not accidentally overlooked any information they supplied to us about the social combinations of students.
- The class lists are shared with parents and students, just prior to our Meet the Teacher night planned for Wednesday 30 November 2022. Class lists will be available at your child's contributing school before this evening takes place.
You are welcome to come and meet with our Deputy Principals to discuss your child’s learning and behaviour needs in more depth.
If you are an out-of-zone enrolment, it is highly recommended that you and your child meet with one of our Deputy Principals.
Please contact the school office on email@example.com or 07 827 5135 to make an appointment. Our Senior Leadership Team will also be available at our Open Days if you have any questions.