The policy for home learning is as follows:
1) It is a habit to be fostered; but optional.
2) Any home learning should consist of the following:
- re-enforcement of current learning;
- no longer than 45 minutes daily.
3) There is to be no set home learning that is out of context or a project that is not part of an ongoing in-class programme.
4) Students may voluntarily undertake home learning at school, e.g. lunchtime, before school etc.
5) We acknowledge that children can lead busy lives outside school and also need time to be children. We encourage them to explore widely by taking up a sport, instrument or creative hobby.
6) Students have a responsibility to stay up-to-date with class work.